About ATIPS Labs
The Advanced Technology Information Processing Systems Laboratories at the University of Calgary
(ATIPS) leverage highly advanced and emerging computing technologies to conduct research into the
development and implementation of a variety of information processing systems, including:
ATIPSí research effort is principally concerned with
the exploitation of microstructure techniques, including micro-electronics, System-on-Chip (SoC), Lab-on-a-Chip, micro-
electro mechanical systems, microfluidics, and sensors, to the benefit of Canadian industry, Canadian
health, high technology diversification in Alberta, and the training of highly qualified personnel.
- bio-engineering devices,
- information security systems,
- wireless networking components,
- high performance digital signal processors,
- opto-electronic sensors and processors.
- streaming video processors,
- arithmetic intensive processors,
- machine vision systems,